sábado, 19 de julio de 2014

01:17 Last night, San Diego, California, at Ven gea nce, I promised the world that I would present the Undisputed WWF Championship belt tonight to the winner.
01:41 So without further ado, let me introduce to you, MR. CHRIS JERICHO.
03:36 THANK YOU - thank you so very, very much!
03:45 On such an historic evening like tonight, I don't know where to begin; I mean, I have so many people to thank, I had to make a list so I wouldn't forget anybody...I don't wanna forget anybody's names.
04:11 Like I said, thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart, FIRST OF ALL, nobody thought I had a chance to become the Undisputed champion.
04:24 NOBODY thought I had a chance in hell of walking out of San Diego victorious, except for one person!
04:34 And that person always had the faith in me - that person always believed in me - and that person knew that against all odds, I would come out on top, and that person is...myself!
04:56 So I would like to thank myself for being so strong, so athletic, and so talented to be able to prove all of the doubters and all of the people who didn't think I could do it wrong.
05:19 And then, I'd like to thank the two competitors who gave an A1, first class effort last night.
05:29 I'm talking, of course, about my opponents, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.
05:38 Let's face it, I mean let's face it, let's think about it - The Rock, Stone Cold, two of the biggest icons in the history of this business.
05:49 THE two biggest stars in the World Wrestling Federation today!
05:56 And for me, to be able to beat the both of them back to back in one night, singlehandedly within the course of 45 minutes...well that was quite an honor.
06:14 But don't feel bad, guys - raise your chins up. Buck up, little troopers! You gave it your best shot, but you were just beaten by the better man last night.
06:31 And then I'd like to thank all of you - the little people.
06:40 All of the little people here, all of the little people at home, because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be standing here right now.
06:50 If it wasn't for me realising that entertaining you meant nothing... if it wasn't for me realising that your opinions aren't worth a damn...
07:01 that my career wouldn't be the skyrocketing Super Nova that it is today.
07:11 And then, I'd like to thank one of the owners of this company - a man with true class, true style, and true dignity...I'd like to thank Vince McMahon.
07:30 Because, Vince, you gave me the opportunity. You even came down to ringside to make sure that there was no outside interference from anybody!
7:42 You evened the odds to make sure that the better man won and for that, I THANK YOU, VINCE!
07:53 And last but not least, I'd like to thank YOU, Ric Flair.
08:04 I'd like to thank you because you're a man of your word; you said you were gonna come out here and present me with my championships last night and here you are.
08:13 And I know the reason why you wanted to do it.
08:18 All throughout your career, your illustrious career, when you were winning title after title after title fourteentimeswoo!
08:30 You always wanted to be near a larger than life, superDUPERstar like Chris Jericho....
08:41 you always wanted to be in the ring with a TRUE living legend, and tonight, your dreams are comin' true, baby!
08:54 So now, Ric Flair, the Nature Boy, I bestow upon you the honour of presenting me with my TWO Championship titles, which signifies ME to be the first, the only, and the TRUE Undisputed CHAMPION.
--:-- [Jericho holds out his arms - and Flair drapes one on each shoulder.]
09:44 Hey Champ! Hey Champ! How does that feel? D'you feel like the World Champion?
09:52 D'ya feel like the best there is? GOOD! Because tonight, you're gonna defend the title!
10:03 Right here...in a fifteen foot steel cage - woooo!
10:18 How does that feel? Now you wanna know what the real punchline is? It'll be against STONE COLD WOOOO! STEVE AUSTIN!
10:33 WOOOO! Try that on for size, champ!
10:43 Woooo! Woooo!

GLOSSARY

without further ado - against all odds - of the doubters - singlehandedly - quite an honor - Buck up - your opinions aren't worth a damn - skyrocketing - even - evened - odds - All throughout - larger - I bestow upon you - punchline
without further ado: sin mas ceremonia; against all odds: a pesar de todo; of the doubters: todos los que dudan; singlehandedly: hecho sin ayuda; quite an honor: un gran honor; Buck up: animate; your opinions aren't worth a damn: tus opiniones me importan un comino; skyrocketing: elevar; even: incluso; evened: igualo; odds: probabilidades; All throughout: a lo largo de; larger: grande; I bestow upon you: te regalo; punchline: parte final de un chiste;

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario