viernes, 18 de julio de 2014

Batista is the special guest on The Highlight Reel, Chris Jericho pushes Batista to the edge. Part 1 is where Chris teases HBK by pretending to be Ric Flair. Smackdown in London, England. April 15th 2008. No Copyright Infringement Intended. Enjoy!
01:09Welcome to the special Smackdown edition of the Highlight Reel. I am your host, Chris Jericho
01:17and as many of you saw last Monday night on Raw, I have been named the special guest referee
01:22for the match at Backlash between the "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
01:29and my guest tonight, the "Animal" Batista.
02:45Well, Big Dave, I know you have a big night, tonight.
02:46I mean, you have a HUGE main event match on SmackDown! against the Undertaker
02:55and I wanted to bring you out here to wish you luck. Also, I wanted to explain to you what happened between me and Shawn Michaels last Monday night on RAW.
03:03I did a little analysis and I figured out the problem you have with him is you think Shawn Michaels is a phony.
03:09I also did some theorizing that deep down Shawn Michaels really enjoyed the fact
03:13that he retired Ric Flair, your mentor.
03:17And despite his arguments, despite his false modesty,
03:20he also relished and thrived on all these backstabbing actions he has committed during his career over the years.
03:27But you know what Shawn Michaels' response was to my accusations?
03:31Let's take a look at it on the Jeritron 6000!
04:11Yeah, exactly! You saw what Shawn did and by his actions he basically proved that you and I are correct.
04:18I mean, he could've denied what I said, he could've been the grand voice of reason and explain himself, but instead he took a cheap shot.
04:25And by doing so he justified all of your feelings and thoughts that you've had towards him and for that, Dave, I say:
04:31Your're welcome!
04:44You see, the thing is,
04:47I don't remember of asking you to be my lawyer.
04:55I don't need you to speak on my behalf!
04:57If I have a problem with someone, I'll confront them to their face!
05:04So I can't express my opinions around here anymore?
05:07No, not when it interferes with my business, you can't!
05:12I was fine deeling with Shawn myself at Backlash,
05:16now I gotta deal with you, the special referee?
05:21Hey, this is between me and Shawn and I don't see where you fit into the equation.
05:30Let me just remind you, I don't wanna be the referee,
05:33I never asked to be the referee. But since that I am and I'm feeling a little underappreciated right now, let me cut to the chase, okay?
05:39I called Shawn Michaels out on the carpet last Monday night on RAW and now I'm gonna do the same thing to you, Dave.
05:44Doctor Jericho is gonna do a little analysis of you.
05:49I thought it was a little bit odd that you were so upset that Michaels retired Ric Flair.
05:53Seemed so irrational. I mean, Flair was okay with it.
05:56But yet, you weren't, and I understand now. I know! I know why you're so upset with Shawn Michaels,
06:01is because YOU wanted to retire Ric Flair yourself!
06:16I've heard this theory, and I...
06:18Nonononono! It's more than a theory and I'll tell you the reason why.
06:22You wanted Shawn to lose at WrestleMania so you could challenge Flair,
06:26one on one, mentor to student, beat him and get the proverbial passing of the torch.
06:31But Shawn Michaels took that from you, Dave.
06:34I mean, that must've been horrible to know that Flair handpicked Shawn Michaels over you to be his opponent at WrestleMania.
06:43I mean, after all you had been through and all the things you have done, when it came down to it,
06:47he wanted to be in the ring with the best and he chose Shawn Michaels, not Batista.
06:53I mean, that's... that's a horrible feeling to know that when it came down to it, that you didn't...
06:58you weren't up to snuff for Ric Flair and his biggest match at WrestleMania.
07:05You know, Dave, I was in the ring with Flair.
07:07During his farewell speech I hugged the man and as a tear rolled down my eye,
07:11I saw the emotion between Flair and Shawn Michaels as they looked each other eye to eye and said, 'I love you'.
07:19They said 'I love you'.
07:20But I didn't see any emotion coming from you. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even see your eyes cause you wouldn't even take your sun glasses off.
07:27You're too cool for school to show your true emotions to the man that you considered to be your mentor,
07:32your hero, the man you allegedly care so much about!
07:39You don't have to say anything, Dave! You don't have to say anything, cause I know that I'm right.
07:43As a matter of fact, these people all know that I'm right.
07:49And I'll prove it to ya'! ... By show of hands,
07:53who here feels that Batista wanted to retire Ric Flair himself? ...
08:01Okay, okay. By another show of hands, who here feels that Batista is much more selfish than Shawn Michaels? ...
08:13Okay, how about this one. Another show of hands, who here feels that...

GLOSSARY

phony - backstabbing
phony: farsante; backstabbing: To attack (someone) unfairly, especially in an underhand, deceitful manner; beg off: ask for permission to be released from an engagement; courage: valor; shallow: superficial. running your mouth: to keep on talking on a subject that is causing distress to others and provoking a fight. thrill: emocion;

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario