lunes, 30 de junio de 2014

01:02Last week Chris Jericho challenged me to a match at the Great American Bash.
01:11Now, Chris, I know you're in the back listening, so, injury or no injury,
01:17I just got two words for ya: I accept!
02:45You know, I knew you were gonna accept my challenge, Shawn.
02:50As a matter of fact I was counting on it.
02:54Because even though that eye of yours is a lot worse than you're letting on, I still knew that your pride and your massive ego
03:02and your desire to please all these people would supersede all of your concerns about your personal health.
03:11I mean, I found that out a month ago at One Night Stand in your stretcher match with Batista, right?
03:16How stupid are you, Shawn? All I had to do was come down to the ring when you were on the stretcher and say, "Shawn, get up!"
03:25give a little bit of a pep talk. You popped off the stretcher, went right into the lion's den and took another terrible beating.
03:33What are you, an idiot?
03:38You've been taking a lot of beatings lately, haven't you, Shawn? Just the fact you haven't tried to attack me already tells me all I need to know about your eye, you're hurt!
03:47You're really hurt, Shawn! And yet you still accepted my match at the Bash.
03:53You're going in there at a huge disadvantage, and why? Why?
03:58I'll tell you, why! Because it's a 'no lose' situation for you, right?
04:04Win or lose, it doesn't matter, you're still the injured legend, who pulls everything he can,
04:11pulls out all the stops to give another memorable, classy performance for the 'fans'.
04:20But at what sacrifice, Shawn?
04:24You wanna be a martyr? You wanna be a martyr? And for what? For them? For all of them?
04:35If something happens to you and you end up in the hospital, they gonna come visit you?
04:42If you're incapacitated, they're gonna pay your mortgage?
04:46Are they gonna pay for your kids educations?
04:53These people are worthless, Shawn. They're oblivious to what's going on and might as well be asleep.
04:57But I'm not asleep! And your protege Lance Cade isn't asleep. Our eyes are wide open.
05:05And we see what's going on. We see what's going on with you!
05:10You wanna be a martyr, Shawn Michaels? You go ahead! What a feather in your cap it would be...
05:17But be careful what you wish for, cause like every other martyr in history, soon you'll be swept under the carpet.
05:24And eventually, Shawn, you'll be forgotten!
05:36That's it, isn't it? That's it! You see, this whole time I thought you despised me cause you thought I was a liar,
05:45or you thought I was a phony. But you know
05:48there's nobody more real than me!
05:52You know that for twenty years I've lived my life as an open book in front of these people, for all to see, every zit, every blemish exposed!
06:03You know that I could leave this business today and I'd be remembered forever!
06:11I've been accused, I've been blamed, I've been ostracized, I've been blackballed, you name it, I've been through it!
06:20And in spite of all that, in the eyes of these people, they seem to just give me a
06:27Yeah, they seem to give you a free pass EVERY SINGLE TIME, Shawn! And it's NOT RIGHT!
06:35What can I say, Chris? I'm H-B-K!
06:40Yeah, yes, ya, okay... You're H-B-K, but that still doesn't make it fair! It's not fair!
06:47You know something? You're right! It isn't fair.
06:51And I understand how you feel. I mean, look at you!
06:55You're the epitome of success!
06:58You've held every major championship you've ever gone after.
07:02You sold out arenas all over the world. You've made a lot of money.
07:08And you've done absolutely everything you ever wanted to accomplish in this line of work. You've done it.
07:17But still, still, in spite of all that, you're not content!
07:25In spite of all that, you've got no peace!
07:30And I'm here to tell you, Chris Jericho, that in spite of all your accomplishments,
07:36and no matter what you ever, EVER achieve, you will NEVER be me!

GLOSSARY

count on - even though - please - supersede - lately - mortgage - worthless - oblivious - asleep - despise - phony - blemish - in spite of all - fair
count on: hope or expect that something will happen or that someone will do something; even though: a pesar de que; please: complacer; supersede: reemplazar; lately: ultimamente; mortgage: hipoteca; worthless: having no value, virtue, excellence, dignity; oblivious: ajenos; asleep: despise; phony: farsante;blemish: defecto;in spite of all: a pesar de todo; fair: justo

1 comentario:

  1. Fans get the replica of Chris Jericho Light up fancy leather leather jacket at http://goo.gl/wXhYZn.

    ResponderEliminar