viernes, 18 de julio de 2014

Subtitles
00:01 Ladies and gentlemen we are back on Monday Night Raw again
00:04 I want to preface this by saying that this is not part of tonight's entertainment, this is a real-life situation.
00:10 My broadcast colleague, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, earlier on tonight collapsed mid-match while on commentary.
00:18 He fell out of his chair to the floor below.
00:22 Doctors were here immediately.
00:24 Emergency personnel stretchered him out of the arena to the back where he received CPR.
00:29 We were told when he left the building to a medical center he was breathing on his own. He was of course receiving oxygen.
00:37 We now have an update that -- we pray to God, it is a bit more encouraging -- we're being told that Jerry is more responsive as we speak.
00:48 He is reacting to lights, how the doctors put the lights in your eyes, reacting to the lights in his eyes.
00:56 He is in isolated ER, the isolated portion of the emergency room as we speak.
01:02 He is awaiting a CAT scan. We are told that in typical Jerry Lawler fashion, he is fighting hard.
01:10 Again, King, pull through this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and
01:18 Come on King, get through this!
--:--I wanna welcome to the ring, the man that's gonna face CM Punk this Sunday
01:01 at Night of Champions for the WWE Championship, John Cena!
02:16 Bret, first things first, thank you very much for the opportunity for the interview.
02:23 Now John, I wanna ask you,
02:31 I see this whole thing happening, this whole feud you got with CM Punk and I gotta be honest,
02:37 it reminds me a lot of the same problems I had with Shawn Michaels.
02:43 Once upon a time Shawn Michaels and I, we were mutual friends,
02:49 we had this mutual respect for one another and by the end of it, years later, we had this feud, this rivalry,
02:57 this thing about winning the championship, you know, it almost destroyed our lives.
03:02 So when I look at you, I just wanna ask you,
03:07 when I look at you, I see a lot of myself and at the same time, when I look at CM Punk,
03:14 I have to admit, I see a lot of the old Shawn Michaels. What do you think about that?
03:21 Bret, first of all, thank you very much for even mentioning me
03:33 in the same sentence as Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. I agree with these people, I still have plenty of work to do to earn that accolade.
03:41 CM Punk also has some work to do, but immediately
03:47 the differences between HBK and CM Punk are obvious. ["You can't wrestle"]
04:09 The thing that I love most about Montreal is they recognize a Hall of Famer when they see one.
04:14 I could never lace your boots and that's the fact
04:21 but as far as you comparing Punk to Shawn Michaels, Shawn Michaels never portrayed something that he wasn't.
04:27 You see, when HBK was a jerk, and that was often, he owned up to it. Punk is a guy who says he's a man of the people,
04:35 says he's the voice of the voiceless, but all he's been lately is an insecure dude that constantly has to tell you how good that he is.
04:45 You see, Shawn Michaels earned respect because he stood for something and here tonight these people adore you because they know that you stand for something.
05:04 Quite frankly, CM Punk right now is just a desperate, delusional young man
05:10 who thinks lettering in gold by any means necessary equals respect.
05:19 Let me ask you this, John Cena: What are you gonna do to finally shut this phony little punk up?
05:29 Phony? Phony?
05:41 I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the people, did you call me a phony?
05:49 Phony little punk.
05:54 Let me handle this one. Yes, he called you a phony, does that irritate you?
06:01 Does that make you wanna come down here and maybe do something about it? If that's the case,
06:06 I'm calling you a phony, too.
06:13 Two things happen at this point, you either stay up there or you come in here,
06:18 there is 40 feet of distance and three ropes between you and the worst decision of your life.
06:32 Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.
06:36 It's quite ironic the biggest phony in World Wrestling Entertainment history decides to point his finger and casts judgment on its champion.
06:49 Well, John-Boy, I don't need your judgment and I don't need your permission.
06:56 I do what I want, I do what I decide and right now I decided to come out here and defend my good name in the face of such rampant, ridiculous disrespect.
07:19 It almost breaks my heart to see the two of you standing in the ring together. It makes me realize:
07:26 'Wow, the Hitman and John Cena are so much alike' and trust me, that's not a compliment.
07:35 You two can sit here, pat each other on the back,
07:40 and have a little power hour and talk about how great the both of you were at being the top guy and completely neglect to mention the fact that you were both unceremoniously surpassed by somebody far superior than yourselves.
07:59 John, in your instance, I, of course, am speaking of me, and Hitman in your case, obviously, I'm talking about Shawn Michaels.
08:13 And by the way, you can't draw a line of comparison between CM Punk and Shawn Michaels, not the old Shawn, not the new Shawn because I am better than Shawn Michaels.
08:29 Oh hey, hey, hey. Bret, Hitman, remember that hillbilly you made pass out to your little Sharpshooter at WrestleMania 13?
08:42 Stone Cold Steve Austin?
08:47 I'm better than him, too.
08:56 And I'm better than the the Rock. And we all said, we all knew and we all saw
09:05 what I did to him in one night when he showed me one iota of disrespect. John-Boy I did in one night what you couldn't do in an entire calendar year.
09:18 I am the best WRESTLER, I am the best TALKER, I am the best TECHNICIAN,
09:27 I am the best BRAWLER and I don't say these things from a place of insecurity and I apologize for your lack of self-confidence but I say it because I AM IT!
09:44 And that makes me anything but a phony.
09:48 He's right

GLOSSARY

accolade - rampant - underdog - stabbed - late - jeopardy
accolade: premio; rampant: generalizado; underdog: perdedor; stabbed: apuñalo; late: fallecido; jeopardy: peligro;

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario