martes, 15 de julio de 2014

00:00 I did have a hand in what Vince McMahon did that night.
00:13 I rest my case.
00:27 And there's a part of me, there's a big part of me that doesn't regret a bit of it.
00:47 But there's another part of me.
00:52 There's another part of me that knows that in the last twelve years a lot of things have changed.
01:00 A lot of things in my life have changed.
01:04 You know, Bret, I always respected you.
01:11 It's just never felt you respected me. And there were times I couldn't stand the sight of you.
01:21 And I know, I know the feeling is more than mutual.
01:28 But you know something?
01:31 When I think of Bret Hart, I don't think of Montreal.
01:37 I think of Anaheim, California. I think of a 60 Minute Iron Man Match.
01:46 A 60 Minute Iron Man Match that everybody said nobody wanna see.
01:53 And they certainly wouldn't want to see it on Pay Per View. They said nobody could do it.
01:59 Yet Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels went out there and they did do it.
02:07 And they redefined everything that this industry ever stood for.
02:14 When I think of Bret Hart, I think of the Excellence of Execution.
02:24 You're not the only one, Bret, that's been carrying this around for twelve years.
02:33 You're not the only one that's ready to move on.
02:41 You're not the only one that wants to bury the hatchet.
02:50 I guess all I have to say is: Are you sure? And are you ready?
03:02 Well, let's be real honest. You weren't the easiest guy in the world to love either back then.
03:08 And you were a guy that certainly had his issues. But you're right.
03:14 My career and your career shouldn't always be tagged by what happened at Survivor Series.
03:19 I had a great career. You had great career. We both accomplished so many things.
03:24 I think it's a good time as any right here and now for you and me to take this opportunity in front of all these fans right here in Dayton, and all around the world,
03:36 to look each other in the eye and take this moment and say that we can be friends.
03:43 So I offer my hand to you in friendship. Right here, in front of everybody.
03:49 Right from the heart, right from the bottom of my heart I call for a truce, I call for you to shake my hand. If you wanna bury the hatchet, let's bury it right now.
05:14 There's one more thing though. There's one more thing I wanna ask. And I want one more person to come down.
05:23 Vince McMahon! I know you're back there. I want you to come down here and see me face to face, too.
05:39 Come on, Vinnie. Don't keep the people waiting.

GLOSSARY

I rest my case - stand the sight - stood for - move on - bury the hatchet
I rest my case: No tengo más que decir; stand the sight : soportar la mirada; stood for: representaba; move on: seguir adelante; bury the hatchet: To settle your differences with an adversary;

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario