viernes, 18 de julio de 2014

Subtitles
02:18I will never get tired of that.
02:27For those of you that may have missed it:
02:29last night on raw it's true,
02:33I am being forced to retire.
02:40And what it's made me do is really
02:44open my eyes to everything again, you know, and really, really soak all of these experiences up.
02:50Almost like I'm seeing it all again for the very first time.
02:57Like my entrance, I uhh,
03:02you know I've been involved in some of the most insane matches in the history of the WWE.
03:13Some of the most insane moments whether it was helping to create the TLC Match - tables, ladders and chairs -
03:24whether it was 20-foot super-spears,
03:28diving into a flaming tables with thumbtacks in my back,
03:33whether it was Elimination Chamber matches or Hell in a Cell Matches against The Undertaker.
03:41No matter what, every time that I was going into a match like that or
03:47I have taken red eye flights and been up all night and two days because of our travel schedule, no matter what:
03:52As soon as I came down that ramp with my music playing - which I may be biased but I think is the coolest music in the WWE,
04:03so I gotta thank the guys from Alter Bridge for give me that song
04:08No matter what, as soon as I came out and hearing you guys,
04:13hearing all of you just feeding me that energy...
04:45Every time, every time I came out there you gave me goosebumps.
04:51And I have to do that one more time.
04:56So if you guys will bear with me, I'm going back up there and I'm running out here and I'm going to do that one last time.
07:05Man I got out of shape already, that tired me out.
07:14Listen, I—Since I announced my retirement,
07:20the outpouring from everybody in the WWE Universe it's been insane, it's been awesome.
07:31And a lot of people are sad and disappointed that my career is forced to come to an end.
07:39But you know what: I think, I think everybody is actually happy and very positive about the fact that
07:45the WWE and our team of doctors caught this before I was in a Ladder Match and I landed
07:51and couldn't get up. So that's good, that's a positive, I'm happy about that.
08:07I'm happy about looking at the rest of my life from here.
08:10I'm happy about the fact that me and my girl are gonna get the dogs and go hiking in the mountains,
08:15go surfing down in Nicaragua, I can't wait.
08:22I'm happy about the fact that I get to wear my two suits
08:26I'm not much of a suit guy as I can tell, but I thought that when I go out I might as well go out in style.
08:36And by the way I bought it for 100 bucks at JC Penney.
08:46I'm happy that I got to come to Albany.
08:54I really am. And I'm not just blowing smoke here, because Albany,
08:59it holds a special place for me, because this is where I won my very first WWE Championship.
09:12It's a little known fact but I was sitting in Albany in a rental car when I came up with the name Edge.
09:21And what makes me most happy - and this is gonna be the tough part -
09:25is that my mom is with me here tonight.
09:34There she is right there. There she is.
09:42She is gonna be all shy and timid, but this is the strongest woman I've ever met.
09:51That woman right there...
10:06she instilled the strength in me to make it this far, to come through the broken necks, the torn achilles tendons.
10:11If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be standing here right now,
10:15without her support over the years, I wouldn't have been able to do it.
10:22So everybody in here: Maybe give your mums a call tonight, alright?
10:30And I'm happy to be here in front of all of you.
10:38You know I don't want it to get all sappy and corny - even though I guess it already has -
10:44but to me this World Heavyweight Championship,
10:50it has meant everything to me. Absolutely everything. I—I've worked my entire career to hold this.
10:59But it's not just mine, it never has been, it's not anyone else's in the locker room.
11:06To me, each and everyone of you holds a piece of this, it's symbolic.
11:19But now it's time for me to come out here and do what I have to do,
11:28and that is relinquish the World Heavyweight Championship.
11:37Oh it's cool, it's cool, I gotta do it, man.
11:44In closing, I really really just, I wanna thank all of you
11:51because this has been one hell of a career,
12:01it's been one hell of a ride. Thank you. Thank you very much.

GLOSSARY

soak up - thumbtacks - goosebumps - bear - outpouring - instilled
soak up: feeling something enjoyable; thumbtacks: tachuelas; goosebumps: little bumps that appear on your arm when you feel cold, are scared, or sexually excited.; bear: support; outpouring: effusion; instill: To introduce by gradual, persistent efforts;

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario