miércoles, 16 de julio de 2014

Get Adobe Flash player
Subtitles
00:17 Hello, Ann! How are you doing?
00:19 I'm fine.
00:20 Ann, could you introduce yourself and tell people where you are from?
00:24 Yeah, my name's Ann Hutchingson and I'm from Montreal, Canada. And right now I'm an English teacher in Tokyo, Japan.
00:33 Mm. OK. What's Montreal like?
00:35 Montreal is a really nice city. It's just very cold in the wintertime.
00:40 It is..uh, it has four seasons, and the nicest season is the summertime because it's really warm and people play a lot of sports,
00:49 and there are some parks in Montreal, and you can go swimming and hiking and biking and rollerblading. It's a very interesing city.
00:59 Wow! Were you born in Montreal?
01:01 I was born in Montreal and I can speak two languages. English is my first language but I also studied French in high school.
01:09 So, were you in a submersion program, or all your subjects in French.
01:13 No, I went to an English high school but a lot of people in Montreal are in immersion programs.
01:21 OK. Since you learned French, what do you think is the best way to learn language?
01:25 I think that you have to like learning another language and if you have a possitive attitude then you can find learning another language fun rather than stressful
01:37 so I think that I had a few French friends and we would practice and they would be very patient and I liked the fact that I could communicate using another language cause then you have another identity.
01:53 You have your French identity?
01:55 I do.
01:57 OK. So what's your name in French?
01:58 "Mono e Ann"
02:00 Wow! I need to get myself a French name?
02:05 Todd.
02:07 OK. Thanks a lot Ann.
02:09 You're welcome. Nice speaking with you.

GLOSSARY

rollerblading
rollerblading: patinar;

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario